Powered By Blogger

Monday, October 03, 2011

Pearl Chapter 10: Special


I know I took way too long.
I wasn’t exactly busy over the summer
But I didn’t have a clear mind
I couldn’t write because it wouldn’t be my best
I lacked motivation & inspiration because of many things running in my head
I couldn’t write, I was stressing over soo many things!
I was calm and content on the outside
But on the inside, in my head, I was a mess!
And then I started my final year last week
And even before officially starting I was SO stressed
I was going mad
But im back now
with a new post & a new look to the blog
i'll be posting regularly, not daily, but regularly
they might not be as long as you want them to be, it would just take longer to write i longer post.
 
One more thing, if any of you are dancers you would probably know the moves I have written may not be real dance moves cause they’re not ;p
They’re gymnastics moves
I don’t know much about dance I’m more of a gymnastics person
The moves I’ve mentioned look the same in dance but are maybe called something else
Here is a guide for the moves
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JRa57M5VFic
Anwaayyzz here’s the post
ENJOOOYY:***

Previously:
Yousef made his way down to the basement as quietly as possible. He wanted to see what she was doing. Wanted to see what how she engages in her hobbies when no one is around. As he walked down the stairs his smile began to grow wider and wider until it turned into a huge grin. He noticed a bit of background music. He couldn’t tell what the song was but it was very familiar. The closer he got the clearer the song was...

If I should be so bold
I’d ask you to hold my heart in your hand
Tell you from the start how I’ve longed to be your man
But I never said I would
I guess I’m going to miss my chance again

All I ready wanna do is love you
A kind much closer than friends use
But I still can’t say it after all we’ve been through

And all I really want from you is to feel me
As the feeling inside keeps building
And I will find a way to you if it kills me
If it kills me
If it kills me
It might kill me
[If it kills me (Casa Nova Sessions) Jason Mraz]

And he was beyond fascinated by what he saw, mesmerize. He didn’t recognize her, she was a different person. Her face was glowing….


   Zaina was beautifully gliding across the floor. She was elegant and graceful. Every move, every skill was executed flawlessly. He has never seen someone dance the way she just did. She moved with ease and bursting energy. Her leaps, jumps, turns and twirls were explicit. She did a series of full turns with her leg in back attitude, followed by a stag jump and split leaps. Zaina danced across the floor to the music before she did an illusion turn and during that move he face was beaming! Her smile was spread across her face from ear to ear. As she threw in a tour jete followed by a split leap she dropped to the floor and was facing the ceiling. She slowly arched her back following the rhythm of the music and you could see energy radiating from her body. She rolled over and pushed her self off the floor doing a toe roll up.

   WOOWW!! She is… You’re… wow, you dance beautifully! I never knew you danced! Not that I should… But I mean…thaaat was exquisite!” Zaina jumped out of her seat at the sound of his voice. She didn’t know he was there, or as a matter of fact, that anyone was there. She paused the videotape she was watching and turned around to look at him. Her face was shocked and red. Red from embarrassment and shocked at the fact that someone actually saw that. She tucked her hair behind her ear “Yousef! Wsh ili jabk?? What r u doing here?” Zaina began to bite on her lower lip.

   Usually, Zaina would have her “dance music” playlist on full blast while she sat there thinking. She replayed old routines & came up with new routines in her head, but today, all she wanted to do was play old videos of her old routines. The ones she films when she wanted to perfect them and needed to see how they were looking.

   You dance. You dance marvelously! Why are you watching this here? Alone? This shouldn’t be kept from the world! It’s too beautiful!! You’re beautiful! Do you still dance?” Yousef had to many questions and didn’t know where to start from, he just began throwing them at her. “Hahaha, calm down, you’re attacking me with questions. You’re over reacting. It’s nothing. What are YOU doing her!

     Zaina was trying so hard to change the subject. It was apparent that she didn’t want to answer any of Yousef’s questions and she was obviously uncomfortable but Yousef ignored the discomfort and focused on her eyes instead. Zaina’s eyes where trying to hide a story, something she obliviously didn’t want exposed, especially to Yousef. “Yait a36ech awrag, maknt agdar a2ajl la2na ra7 t7tajainhum fa glt I pass by and drop them off myself. Stop changing the subject. Ma jawbtay 3al as2tle, you dance??

   As Yousef repeated his question again, Zaina turned her gaze looking across the room, down to the floor and then back up and looked at Yousef again while still biting her lower lip and fiddling with her phone that was in her hand. “I used to dance…… What papers?

   Yousef couldn’t understand. What does “used to mean”? No one knows why Zaina doesn't dance anymore. As far as everyone is concerned she used to dance. It’s all in the past. Everyone who knew how great of a dancer she was, never understood why she refuses to dance anymore. They don’t understand how she could throw away such a talent.

   Used to? What does that mean? Shma3na kntay. Mn ili shfta, dance shouldn’t be your past. Papers that have to do with the qa’6eya” Yousef was persistent. He couldn’t let the subject go. He was insisting on knowing. Why would she give up something that made her glow! Something she clearly loves and is a part of who she is.

   It doesn’t mean anything. 5al ashoof ilawrag, fe shay tb'3any ashofa al7en? Wla ynfa3 ashofhum bokra lama ma3nde shay?” Zaina was deliberately focusing on the work papers in hope he would forget. She walked over to him as she was speaking and almost got the papers out of his hand that was slightly extended. Just as she closed her fingers on the file, Yousef quickly managed to pull it away and hold it behind his back. Zaina had to take two steps forward because Yousef’s pull was a bit too strong.

   Zaina looked up at Yousef only to realize she was a bit too close to him but then again, she was close enough to see how his eyes were gleaming with admiration. She noticed how his lips were curled up into a smile, he was enjoying this, he loved what he saw and wanted answers, he was enjoying her discomfort. His eyes were glowing. For some reason, even though she felt very awkward and didn’t know what to do, the look in his eyes, the way he was looking at her, made her feel special. It made her remember what it was like to dance. Yousef made her feel special....

6 comments:

  1. allaaaaaaaaaah...
    a7la shay he made her feel special...
    noooooooooouraaaaaaaah ya 7ilwa...
    i loved the post...
    sorry t2a5art gala ma geraita...
    bas i wanted to read the previous posts to remind myself...
    now i'm all caught up and can't wait for more...
    love u so much 7beebti...
    keep on writing...
    mwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah...
    ;******************

    ReplyDelete
  2. soooooooooooooooooooooooo nice!!!!!!!!! i'm not a dancer or a gymnast, but you described it so beautifully that I could picture her routine so easily. it was a really great and descriptive post. and i love how you just offer hints of things that will come up later, like why zaina doesn't dance anymore... somehow i feel yousef will inspire her again... can't wait to read more xxxxx farah

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love the way you write, please dont stop i usually dont post but if its encouragement is what u need then here it is :D

    Silent reader

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazingggggggg Story!

    Cant stop reading(L), Please post as soon as possible.

    Waiting,,

    ReplyDelete
  5. Silent reader:
    yes thats exactly what i need thank you so much for the comment! means so much!!

    anony:
    thank u! will be posting soon! hopefully next post will be up tonight

    ReplyDelete
  6. loooooooveeed itt!!!!!!
    i haven't checked if you posted till now and i'm going to continue now
    missed you, welcome backk xx
    L55

    ReplyDelete